The English Parliament Supporters Creed
If you say I believe in an English parliament within a UK federal system then the following 5 points need to be accepted as a minimum. Some might want to go further…..
1. That there needs to separate institutions for England with a separate electoral system. EMPs need to be specifically elected to an English parliament.
2. That there is an English First Minster with an English government.
3. That there must be a Minister in the UK Government with responsibility for England.
4. That the English parliamentary system and Government has clearly identified competences and full jurisdiction to implement its policies which cannot be abolished by a Federal government.
5. That in line with the Scottish & Welsh Parliaments, legislation passed by the English Parliament is not referred to the British House of Lords.